Ballpark ‘Tours just completed it 2019 Kentucky Bourbon Tour:
- Approximately 1,600 motorcoach miles.
- Eight games in five cities.
- The opportunity to enjoy Chicago’s 36th Annual Blues Fest (and more live music along the way).
- The opportunity to visit museums ranging from the Louisville Slugger Museum and Factory to The Mary Todd Lincoln House to The Chicago Art Institute (and more – even a hotel with an art museum right inside of it).
- Touring and tasting at one of the nation’s oldest distilleries.
- Two nights of fireworks – and the appearance of The Amazing Tyler.
- Whiskey Wednesday, Thirsty Thursday and 25-cent Hot Dog Night.
- Bloody Mary, Moscow Mule and Long Bottom Stretch Bars on the bus.
- Tequila, not just for breakfast anymore (and, now, neither is bourbon).
- A winery, distillery, restaurant/bar, ice cream parlor and fruit/vegetable sales all on the same (Huber Family) farm.
- The Kane County Beer Cave; The Cubby Bear (Wrigleyville); The Slippery Noodle Inn (oldest bar in Indiana) and the Big Daddy Caddy Band; The (bustling) Mussel & Burger Bar (Louisville); and Mike’s amazing driving skills.
Bourbon Tour participants, have any comments or bullet points to add? Drop them in the reply section at the end of this post. Thanks again for joining Ballpark Tours on this baseball (and more) adventure.
For a more detailed look at what a Ballpark Tours’ excursion is all about, our friend of BPT blogger Dave Karpinski (BaseballRoundtable.com) wrapped up each day’s activities. Here’s a link to get you started on the wrap up posts. Click here.
ALSO. REMEMBER, THE NOVEMBER CUBA TRIP – DIAMONDS TO OUR SOUTH III – IS A GO! HERE’S A LINK TO MORE INFO ON OUR TRIP TO SEE BASEBALL ON THE DIAMONDS OF OUR CLOSEST ISLAND NEIGHBOR . CLICK HERE.